It is the responsibility of a health care provider to increase the quality of life of the patients coming to him or her. If the medical practitioner or the health care provider contributes to the suffering of the patient owing to negligence or providing substandard care, he or she is responsible to compensate the patient for the loss owing to such negligence. A patient who is a victim of such negligence can file a claim against the health care provider with the help of a good medical negligence attorney.
Anybody who has been on the receiving end of negligent care can file for compensation. The kinds of claims which can be made in such a situation include:
- Negligence during providing care to the patient
- Negligence in providing prenatal care during pregnancy
- Negligence during the birthing process resulting in birth injury
- Negligence during performing a medical implant
- Prescribing wrong drugs or care
Or any other such instance resulting in worsening of a patient’s condition because of lack of care provided by the health care provider.
In a lot of cases the negligence of the medical practitioner can have long term effects. These effects include life threatening situations like paralysis, brain damage, nerve damage etc.
While nothing can bring back the quality of life, a medical negligence attorney can ensure that you get compensated for:
- The pain and suffering you face because of the negligence of the medical practitioner
- The past medical expenses you have incurred because of the negligence
- Future medical expenses and long term care arising because of this act
- The wages you have lost because of your medical condition
- Any setbacks in wages you will receive because of an incapacity to work
- Compromise of the quality of social life
You can file a claim for compensation as an individual. However as an individual you are unaware of the complex workings of the medical industry and the multiple laws governing this industry. The legal department representing the health care provider can confuse with a lot of legal jargon and convince you that you do not have a case against the health care provider
A medical negligence attorney will review your case and help you collect sufficient evidence to build a strong case. He is well acquainted with the intricate workings of the medical industry and is well experienced in handling cases of medical negligence. He will gather witnesses and evidences to ensure that you deserve compensation for the medical negligence you have suffered.
If you are a victim of medical negligence consult a medical negligence attorney immediately. They will guide you with the right instructions on how to preserve your medical records, keep copies of your medical bills and gather evidence to substantiate your claim in the court of law. Reporting a negligent health care provider will also ensure that other people does not suffer the same fate as yours.